Friday, December 19, 2008

Environmental Investment which cost nothing but a little effort.

I've been becoming increasingly annoyed by paying lots of money to get my oil changed. So, I thought it was time to invest in some car ramps so I can change my oil at home instead. I figured that I would have to pay about $50 for the ramps, and that in about 2-3 oil changes at home they would be paid for.

I was wrong. I was wrong in a good way. Instead of running over to Canadian Tire and buying the car ramps there, I decided to "invest" my time instead of my money. How? I went on Craigslist. I searched for some to buy, but I also put out a wanted ad for car ramps. Within a few hours, I had 3 offers of car ramps for a nominal fee. The winner was Bob, who gave me the ramps for free.

It was a little drive out of the way on our way to Hamilton and was well worth. Turns out that he didn't want to have them end up in a landfill. Myself, do I care whether the thing that my car is going to rest on is bran new or not?

Bottom line, is..... well, the bottom line. I may have rammed my wang up the economy's ass without a condom, but what good is an econmy that is based on waste? It has to end sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment