Sunday, December 14, 2008

Some over stated, cliché thoughts....

I just saw the movie "Sicko" by Micheal Moore. Yeah, he still uses simple examples to show his point (like how the French doctor was very wealthy which proves that socialized medicine still allows doctors to make enough money) but it made realize nonetheless that America really sucks.

All this bullshit patriotic rhetoric that so many people swallow is repeated ad nauseum and it is nothing more that the biggest, most obvious (yet most subtle) lie. Is there a small group of people who think "lets make sure that we say how it is heroic to die to for your country, or to work like a slave in the name of the USA as much as possible"? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But it is hapenning. The powerful people in that country really have the people by the balls, and truly don't care about them. They want their people to be defeated for some reason, and I can't see why that is good.

It's really too bad. Although it happens in Canada as well, most US doctors and medical companies are profit driven. The most accurate word that I can think of to describe this corruption is barbaric. A doctor will actually prescribe more pills because it will make him/her richer. And, if you can't pay your hospital bill, you can actually be kicked out of the hospital. I know that Moore's films have a tendency to state broad, sweeping generalizations. In Columbine, he found that "Canadians don't lock their doors". I fucking lock my door. In this film, he makes the US medical system look much worse that it is and much better in other countries by using one carefully chosen example. Despite this, you can't deny that it is a dog eat dog world down there - well, more than most "civilized" countries. How could the government spend so much money on defence which kills it's soldiers and millions of others, and neglect the problems that are right at home. Aaaargh, I'm so angry at stupid and degressive it is!!!!!

For some reason, I'm really pissed right now. That's why I had to write. I really want the American people to get really pissed off and actually do something. The American Empire will fall, and I feel like it will happen in our lifetime. And guess what, I can't fucking wait. Those greedy freaks who perpetuate these institutions and hold back positive change have had their fun and the party's gotta end sometime. I hope soon.

Anyways, I'm glad that I'm Canadian, even though our country is far from perfect. Living in America seems like pure shite though.

Is this an idea for the planet? Well, it can relate. I'm too tired/lazy to think of an interesting point that isn't blatently obvious. So, you think of one for me. I know that only one or two people read this blog, but that's cool. Even one is enough.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment